Hearthstone Alley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

From a Scale of 1 to 4 (4 Being the best), how would you rate this forum?

State of The Game I_vote_lcap17%State of The Game I_vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
State of The Game I_vote_lcap50%State of The Game I_vote_rcap 50% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 6

Latest topics
» Hearthstone Alley Tournament Policy
State of The Game EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 11:40 pm by Admin

» Upcoming Events
State of The Game EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 3:32 pm by Admin

» Hearthstone Alley March Team Tournament 2014
State of The Game EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 11:10 pm by animusity

» Hearthstone Alley March Team 2014 (Those In Need of Teammates)
State of The Game EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 2:48 pm by persona5

» Hearthstone Offline Tournament - 16 Feb 2014
State of The Game EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 4:32 pm by animusity

» Hearthstone Alley February Pauper 2014
State of The Game EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:44 am by ningjia.ong

» OPLoner's Amazing Games
State of The Game EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 10:42 pm by OPLoner

» Beginner's Guide To Hearthstone
State of The Game EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 5:09 pm by animusity

» Patch 1.0.0.4458
State of The Game EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 4:29 pm by animusity

Affiliates

Page Rank

State of The Game

3 posters

Go down

State of The Game Empty State of The Game

Post  OPLoner Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:11 am

Figured we could have a topic for a discussion about the game. ^^

Feel free to write what you think about Hearthstone at the moment : Is it fun? What do you like/dislike? What can be improved? What other features do you want to see?

Personally, I find that playing the game hands-on is very different from what you see from Streamers and there are a couple of things that factor into this :

#1 - RNG
Luck is an unpredictable mistress and as such, your games can either be similar or completely different from what you see off streams and videos.

When I watched videos, most of the luck was limited to top-decking and whether the player/opponent had board clear but having played for quite awhile it always frustrates me to keep having a starting hand of 4+ Costs or useless spells/minions for the situation.

[ You can view RNG Amusements for my whining of luck. ]

#2 - Expert Cards
I think this pisses me off more than luck simply because it's the easiest way for anyone to whine "It's P2W! (Pay to Win)" and I can't fully disagree with them.

Anyone who has seen my Day #2~4 of streaming where my W/L ratio dropped from 2:1 to 0.9:1 (because I stopped playing solely mage to unlock the basic cards for EVERY other class) will know how infuriating it is to see your opponent have cards you usually don't have because you didn't get it from an Expert Pack.

It can be anything from the almighty Ragnaros to the starting Defias and Knife Jugglers but just seeing them out on the field always makes me cringe and go "eeeeekk" like a mouse ( Don't ask, maybe I squeak in anger as opposed to shouting and cursing ).

The reason is simple : These cards (not available in the basic deck) unlock a greater variety of plays and options available to your deck/class and while obviously it doesn't change the fact that you can only have 30 cards, it makes your deck more formidable. Meaning if we were to play 100 games, odds are (excluding a deck made for countering the other) the deck that has more or better expert cards will have an advantage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Putting that all aside, I have to agree on some fronts about collecting Gold still being a bit hard (assuming you play for many hours each day, it can be easy to run out if you just spam arena) but considering it is Beta I guess it is ok.

The main problem for people regarding gold is most likely : "I need gold for Expert Packs for better cards to win more or at least put up more of a challenge instead of instantly DYING NON-STOP!"

Aside from that, I guess I would like to see more modes apart from standard and Arena, perhaps some co-op, restricted modes and such where people (especially brand newcomers) can have fun instead of playing any sort of PvP (Ranked/Casual) where they have a good chance of losing outright.

What do you guys think?
OPLoner
OPLoner

http://www.brynho.com

Back to top Go down

State of The Game Empty Re: State of The Game

Post  animusity Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:04 am

I agree with your second point. I feel so frustrated when i am playing normal casual mode to complete my quest or to level up my classes and i meet players with legendary cards that screw me over.
animusity
animusity

Back to top Go down

Post  Silfer Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:35 pm

The second point is true to a certain extent; you can increase your odds though, by crafting the best possible deck with what you have! Smile
Silfer
Silfer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OPLoner Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:14 pm

Sigh was hoping by now all the people would have gotten out of wood league : NOPE!

From 25 to 20, fighting people with at least 2~4 Legendaries amongst other Expert cards. *Sigh* Well, at least I'm still stuck at Rank 20~19.
OPLoner
OPLoner

Back to top Go down

Post  animusity Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:49 pm

The February online tournament has rare,epic and legendary cards banned. You could sign up for it.
animusity
animusity

Back to top Go down

Post  OPLoner Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:10 am

Yeah, I've signed up.

Doubt I'll win but hey, might as well. Razz
OPLoner
OPLoner

Back to top Go down